July 17, 2009 at 5:42 pm (Art, Art Event, Design, Design Events, free, Miami, networking, News, photo walk, photography, social event, Social Events & Networking, South Florida) (Art, Art Event, custom map, Design, Design Events, designer map, Education, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, free, free social event, Graphic Design, Illustration, lincoln road, map, Map design, meet up, meetup, mia, Miami, miami photo walk, miami photogrpahy, networking, Ocean Drive hotels, pedestrian directional, pedestrian directory, photo, photo walk, photography, photography event, photography social event, photowalk, points of interest, points of interest map, scott kelby, Shoot Miami, sobe, social event, social event) (Miami, Social Events & Networking, social gathering, Social Networking, south beach, south beach map, south beach photo walk, south beach points of interest, South Florida, south florida photography)
Here are some final updates for the South Beach group:
Make sure you can log in to the site as soon as possible (you received your username & password when you signed up) . This is where you will upload the photos for a chance to win some prizes.
Before the walk
- Get directions to South Beach if you’re not familiar with the area
- Make sure your batteries are charged, memory sticks are cleared, etc.
- Drink plenty of water before the walk
- Dress comfortably – walking shoes, hats, etc.
- Try to get to the Starbucks (1455 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139 – at the North end of Lummus Park) early, we will be taking a group photo before everyone heads out.
During the walk
- STAY SAFE!
- Watch where you’re walking while shooting – traffic, pedestrians, uneven ground surfaces, etc may be hazards.
- Stay away from areas that you’re not comfortable in – dark alleys and the like
- Drink plenty of fluids and take a break if necessary.
After the walk
- Meet up with us at Jerry’s Famous Deli if you have the time.
- Log on to the site and upload NO MORE THAN TWO of your favorite photos to be entered in the competition. (Edited photos are more than welcome)
- July 25, 11:59 pm EST: Deadline to upload your image(s) for consideration. No photos received after this time will be considered in the contest.
- August 17: The grand prize winner and 10 honorable mentions will be announced on the Worldwide Photo Walk website.
Side competitions and other fun stuff
Tropicolor/Shoot Miami Photo Contest:
- We’re getting a 15% discount from Tropicolor for any of their services, so when you pay for your prints, make sure you ask for it!
- Besides submitting your prints online, you can go into the store and use their kiosks to print directly to their printers – it’s cheaper ($0.29 for a 4×6 print, $0.25 with the discount) and may be more convenient for some!
- If you can’t make it down to the store, but would still like to participate, you can submit your photos online and then call in after you’ve placed your order and give them your credit card number. Unfortunately, they don’t accept payments online at the moment, so you’ll either have to come into the store and pay (and if you’re already there, why not just use their kiosks?) or do it over the phone.
- They should have a special bin set aside for our contest photos – just ask them to put your photos in there! (Don’t forget to have your name and email address written on the print envelope.)
- Any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
iPrintfromHome Special Offer:
- Offering all Photowalkers 50% off poster sized photographic prints so that they can print out their best images from Saturday.
- For more information about the offer, please go here
Anyone else who wants to join us is welcome to. If they are not registered they cannot compete for the Scott Kelby prizes, but the Tropicolor and iPrintfromHome offer still stands
We hope to have a safe and fun walk. Happy shooting!